Welcome To My Production Blog


You've made it to my blog! I'm a producer, writer, shooter, and editor. Below is a cache of some of my prior production work. Please feel free to browse around. Also, be sure to click the links below for my resume and writing samples. Thanks for visiting.

Monday, May 10, 2010

I Do on NBC

Since wedding season is in full force, I figured a look back at my producing experience at the wedding show, I Do! was àpropos.

In April of 2008, I was asked to come on as a show producer for I Do, a 10-episode wedding series airing on NBC daytime. It was such a pleasure working for this show (and now that I'm in the process of planning a wedding, it is paying extra dividends in saving me time).

I supervised two edits, conducted most of the sit-downs, wrote all of the show VO, and oversaw the field. It was certainly a lot to handle, but I was up to the challenge. The show consisted of both hosted segments (by the very capable Siafa Lewis), as well as couple narrated more verite-style "look in" segments which you'll see below.

It was a small, intimate crew and a great experience!

This first piece was a fabulous, over-the-top destination wedding in the exclusive Parrot Cay (or Parrot Key) Resort in the Turks and Caicos Islands. We were able to travel down and follow high-end wedding planner Yifat Oren (based out of LA) as she put together a one-of-a-kind bash:

This segment was shot at Kleinfeld (and this was before the first season of Say Yes to the Dress aired so you may see some familiar faces here). Bride-to-be Alisa was searching for the perfect dress and found something a little beyond her price range:


This is my favorite segment from the show. Atlanta Falcons safety Erik Coleman and his new wife Sabrina got married at Gotham Hall in the Spring of 2008. This piece follows their last, nervous moments before their nuptials. You get a sense of what it's like for them on their big day--a lot on their mind for sure:


And finally, Peter Callahan, a celebrity caterer in New York cooks up a sample feast for our host Siafa. Speaking from experience, the food was outrageously good...especially since we came hungry:

No comments:

Post a Comment